Cable Repair and Services
Send them in for a free diagnostic!
Major custom cable is the premiere cable repair house in the USA. Our CPR (customer provided refurbishment) team has the equipment and expertise to identify the damaged cable sections, bad connectors, or whatever the culprit may be, and then make the repairs necessary to get the assembly back into perfect working condition. Our facility is a certified opticalCON® assembler, a member of the Corning™ CAH program, ISO 9001:2015 certified and our technicians are Fluke Networks™ certified professionals.
Here’s how the CPR program works:
- Contact one of our representatives by calling (800) 455-6224 or emailing us at email@example.com. Be ready to describe the nature of the cable assembly and the suspected issue. You may be asked to send in a few photos, as well.
- Send us the cable assembly or assemblies. Be sure to tag the shipment with the CPR number provided by your representative.
- Within 5 days of receiving the cable assemblies, our CPR team will perform a complete diagnostic analysis and forward the results back to you via your representative. We will provide a recommendation on a solution and a quote for the repair costs. You will have three options:
- Authorize the repair
- Request the cables be returned as is
- Request the cables be discarded by MCC
- MCC will execute whichever option you choose. If the repair is authorized, your representative will provide a ship date.
CABLES WE’VE REPAIRED
Don’t know what you’ve got? We can tell you.
- Do you repair cables built by other assembly houses?
Yes. We accept cables from any assembly house here in the US or abroad. We fix them all!
- Who pays for the shipping of the cables?
You pay to have the assemblies delivered to MCC. If you choose to have the cables repaired, the cost of the return shipping will be included in your quote.
- How much does it cost to have a cable repaired?
This depends entirely on the technology inside the assembly and the complexity of the repair. If the costs of the repair are likely to exceed the cost of replacement, your representative will let you know up front.
- What is the lead time on a cable repair?
Again, this depends on the nature of the repair and the number of assemblies. However, most of our repairs are completed within 10 business days of an approved PO. Your account rep will give you an exact ship date.
– Frank G.
– Phillip J.
– Larry K.